Tuesday, August 14, 2012

3 Through the 21st Century: the Blog Hop

Today I'm taking a moment to participate in a "blog hop" - A colleague gets interviewed on a blog and links to this page. This gives me, dear reader, practice for my interview with Terry Gross (are you listening, Terry?)

What is the working title of your book? 
            3 Through History: Love in the Time of Republicans
Where did the idea come from for the book? 
            I lived through a real love triangle like this once. I was aching to tell the story and get the   late boomer/Gen X history  in!
What genre does your book fall under?
            I call it a historical romance, knowing that the term "historical" usually means fifty years or longer ago.
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
            Rafi has to be Jeremy Irons, and Dimitri I see as Sacha Baron Cohen. Anna (who is in the process of being renamed Frida) gets
            Salma Hayek.
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
            Two late teens meet, drift, meet again, and both meet the girl of their dreams - but it's the same girl!
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
            Agency. I can't sell firewood to Eskimos.
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
            OY! Two years. If it weren't for my writers' groups, I never would have done it.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
           Good question. I don't know of any book like this one. I know historical novels, and love triangles, but not both.
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
           Like I said before, I had to suffer through the wrong vertex of a love triangle once.
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
           The characters are really deeply thought out, and there are at least four hot love scenes!

No comments:

Post a Comment